Friday 20 July 2012

Update – Run Fat Bitch Run Etc


Back in February I decided to try to lose weight (again). This is something that I have always found particularly difficult because I suffer from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome – to help the side effects you are meant to lose weight but being unable to lose weight is one of the side effects. So it’s a vicious circle. For every 3 pounds a person without PCOS loses a person with PCOS loses 1 pound and the fact that losing weight can be such a slow process can mean the only thing I lose is interest.

February was a turning point for me. I had spent some months after the wedding eating exactly what I wanted because I had tried to maintain my weight before the wedding to make sure the dress fit on the day. So afterwards I had a massive blow out (including a lot of yummy left over wedding fruit cake). Anyway, after an unfortunate comment from Mr Ball in January (he insists I took it the wrong way – so we must let him off). I decided enough was enough and I was going to lose weight -  for good!

 So as detailed in February I read Run FatBitch Run and started running, well ish. Now the Grit Doctor probably wouldn’t be impressed but I also decided to join Slimming World as a sort of two pronged approach. This was because no matter how well intentioned I am, sometimes I am just not in the mood to get out of bed and go for a run no matter how much my brain calls me a fat bitch. So I decided my own interpretation of both plans was required. I now ensure I walk for at least an hour a day and whilst I watch TV I hula hoop stopping for a rest in the ad breaks.  I told myself when I started Slimming World to remember that it was going to be slow progress and that I had to ignore other faster losers. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised with the results. When I started the plan In Feb I was a 12-14 top and 14-16 bottom - I have lost 1st 5 pounds and am now a 10-12 top 12-14 bottom. I did lose motivation for a while and realised that was because I was feeling deprived when I needn’t be. On Slimming World you are entitled to 5-15 syns a day which can be used on treats (chocolate, cake, crisps, whatever takes your fancy). Now Mr Ball will come home and surprise me with a treat usually chocolate - meaning I’m less likely to snack throughout the day. 

I would like to say I feel better in some way but I have been feeling bad with PCOS symptoms. I am going to have a reflexology treatment  and see if that will help so watch this space. I don’t particularly feel much slimmer but I have received some compliments so it must be working. I still have a stone to go until I reach my target but I am sure I can do it. Unmarried Mrs Ball couldn’t but married Mrs Ball definitely can lose the weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment