Wednesday 1 February 2012

Run Fat Bitch Run


My title is not aimed at you the reader! Unless you are reading Ruth Field’s brilliantly funny new book which I am, if not I guess I’m the Fat Bitch.  It is not meant to be offensive; the point of it is to motivate people to take responsibility for their weight by suggesting running will resolve the issues they have. 

So does it work? I can’t tell you yet because I am only a couple of days in but I am definitely feeling different.  Before, I would have given myself all kinds of excuses to get out of exercise: my feet hurt; it’s too cold, I don’t want people to see me running. You name, it I’ve thought it, but the book has made me realise that all of that is insignificant, if I really want to lose weight and feel better within myself, I should just get on and do it.  So I have begun and I am loving it! My cheeks are rosy (without blusher) and I feel much more awake than usual. I also don’t seem to fancy chocolate as much (although now I’ve said that…) but best of all I love seeing the world through different eyes. This morning, I was accompanied on my run by about four tiny birds – it’s the sort of thing that usually happens in Disney.  But don’t let me make out it isn’t hard work, it’s gruelling – especially when I’m doing it properly but the feeling of accomplishment afterwards is well worth it.

Book Review: An Autumn Crush by Milly Johnson
I had seen Milly Johnson on Come Dine with Me and checked out her website. She had a lot of tips about getting published and dealing with issues that come up.  I decided to read her latest novel because sometimes I need a bit of Chick Lit to boost me up.
The book is about Juliet Miller, a recently divorced woman who is on the lookout for a flatmate. She despairs at the possible candidates until she meets Floz and the pair share a connection. Throughout the book their friendship strengthens and Floz is welcomed into the Miller family although her connection with Juliet’s brooding brother Guy is rocky. Similarly Juliet can’t seem to get on with Guy’s best friend Steve.

An Autumn Crush is a quick read. Although it is a little predictable, I found myself liking the characters and wanted to stick with them to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment